- Set boundaries right away—you are not your hellhound’s servant (no matter how much he treats you like one).
- Never, ever feed him dog food. Keep a good pizza delivery place on speed dial—it’s the best way to shut him up and keep him occupied. Besides, with his constitution, he can eat anything.
- Get used to having your every thought listened to and commented on. If you can’t take it, move out, ’cause he’s not going to. There are benefits, though—he can read other demons’ thoughts and clue you in.
- If you own a motorcycle, get him his own seat and a pair of goggles—he’ll want to go everywhere with you, so you both might as well be comfortable.
- Don’t lie to yourself or him, even a little bit—he’ll definitely call you on it. Repeatedly.
- Find him a hellhound girlfriend—it’s the only way to get him out of your hair for a bit so you might be able to have a normal relationship with a guy. It helps if the hellhound girlfriend is a self-involved diva, so she’ll keep him hopping.
- Teach him how to use the remote. TV is a great babysitter when you’re too busy to entertain him.
- Buy lots of lint rollers—the shedding is a pain!
- Praise him constantly—his ego needs it. Plus, he usually deserves it.
- Keep him happy, ’cause he’s the best friend you’ll ever have. Sometimes he even offers good advice.
BITE ME is on sale for FREE til January!! I know I’m picking it up, are you?
And the best part is that it’s a series! Grab the rest of The Demon Underground novels at the links below! I’m totally fan-girling right now. ;D
About the Author:
Parker Blue lives in Colorado Springs with three rescue dogs, one of whom resembles her favorite character, Fang, the snarky hellhound.