Thank you so much for interviewing with my blog today, Mrs. Hopkins. Let’s get started!
Revealing Questions with Answers:
- HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR LIFE IN ONLY 8 WORDS?
- Time voyage–false starts, choppy seas, safe harbors.
- WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO OR MAXIM?
- Shortcuts only cheat those taking them.
- HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE PERFECT HAPPINESS?
- Sitting in front of the fireplace with someone you love, sipping a hot drink, eating popcorn, watching it snow.
- WHAT’S YOUR GREATEST FEAR?
- Not having enough time left to tell all the stories I want to tell.
- IF YOU COULD BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW, WHERE WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO BE?
- Other than right here at home, Australia/New Zealand.
- WITH WHOM IN HISTORY DO YOU MOST IDENTIFY?
- Amelia Earhart–a woman who chose to stand out from the rest and do what she loved.
- WHICH LIVING PERSON DO YOU MOST ADMIRE?
- Hillary Clinton
- WHAT ARE YOUR MOST OVERUSED WORDS OR PHRASES?
- Hey. Nice. Awesome.
- WHAT DO YOU REGRET MOST?
- Not pursuing my love of dance/theater.
- IF YOU COULD ACQUIRE ANY TALENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
- The ability to play music completely by ear.
- WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT?
- Making a hugely positive impact with my books.
- WHAT’S YOUR GREATEST FLAW?
- I tend to be a bit impulsive.
- WHAT’S YOUR BEST QUALITY?
- Loyalty to family and friends.
- IF YOU COULD BE ANY PERSON OR THING, WHO OR WHAT WOULD IT BE?
- An eagle, as long as I lived where people didn’t want to shoot them down.
- WHAT TRAIT IS MOST NOTICEABLE ABOUT YOU?
- I’m outgoing and fun.
- WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FICTIONAL HERO?
- Jack Sparrow.
- WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FICTIONAL VILLAIN?
- Cruella Deville
- IF YOU COULD MEET ANY HISTORICAL CHARACTER, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO HIM OR HER?
- Lancelot. I’d say, “What’s up with that Guinevere person, anyway? Let me show you a real good time!!”
- WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PET PEEVE?
- Rude drivers.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OCCUPATION, WHEN YOU’RE NOT WRITING?
- WHAT’S YOUR FANTASY PROFESSION?
- Jet pilot.
- WHAT 3 PERSONAL QUALITIES ARE MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?
- Honesty, kindness, curiosity.
- IF YOU COULD EAT ONLY ONE THING FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
- If I didn’t care about living a long time, chocolate. If I did, peanut butter and jam sandwiches.
- WHAT ARE YOUR 5 FAVORITE SONGS?
- Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen), Come Together (Beatles), Lights (Journey), Renegade (Styx), Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)
The sequel to “Tricks,” Hopkins’ latest book follows five teenage victims of sex trafficking — from all walks of life and gender orientations — as they try to extricate themselves from their current situations and find a new way of life.
TRAFFICK (Tricks, #2)
By: Ellen Hopkins
Release Date: November 3, 2015
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Five teens victimized by sex trafficking try to find their way to a new life in this riveting companion to the New York Times bestselling Tricks from Ellen Hopkins, author of Crank.
In her bestselling novel, Tricks, Ellen Hopkins introduced us to five memorable characters tackling these enormous questions: Eden, the preacher’s daughter who turns tricks in Vegas and is helped into a child prostitution rescue; Seth, the gay farm boy disowned by his father who finds himself without money or resources other than his own body; Whitney, the privileged kid coaxed into the life by a pimp and whose dreams are ruined in a heroin haze; Ginger, who runs away from home with her girlfriend and is arrested for soliciting an undercover cop; and Cody, whose gambling habit forces him into the life, but who is shot and left for dead.
And now, in Traffick, these five are faced with the toughest question of all: Is there a way out? How these five teenagers face the aftermath of their decisions and experiences is the soul of this story that exposes the dark, ferocious underbelly of the child trafficking trade. Heart wrenching and hopeful, Traffick takes us on five separate but intertwined journeys through the painful challenges of recovery, rehabilitation, and renewal to forgiveness and love. All the way home.
Goodreads | IndieBound | B&N | Amazon | Powell’s |BAM |S&S
Ellen Hopkins is a poet, freelance writer, and the award-winning author of twenty nonfiction titles and five NY Times Bestselling novels-in-verse. She has published hundreds of articles on subjects ranging from aviation to child abuse to winegrowing.
Ellen mentors other writers through her position as a regional adviser for the Nevada chapter of the Society of Children√ïs Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI).
She is a regular speaker at schools; book festivals and writers conferences across the US, and now throughout the world.
Social Media Links:
Goodreads | Website | Twitter |Facebook | Pinterest | Tumblr
PIMPS read by Alicia Keys – https://youtu.be/XhMuVC6dAPw
Review of TRAFFICK is to come! Check back here soon! 🙂